I. Name and address of the responsible person
The responsible person within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
Prof. Dr. Christian Stegmann
II. General information on data processing
1. scope of the processing of personal data
We collect and use personal data only to the extent necessary to provide our services and performance. The collection and use of personal data of the users of our website is regularly only carried out after consent has been obtained. An exception applies in those cases where obtaining prior consent is not possible for actual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by legal regulations.
2. legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing operations involving personal data, Art. 6 (1) (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which our foundation is subject, Art. 6 (1) lit. c DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person make processing of personal data necessary, Art. 6 (1) (d) DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
If the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of our foundation or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not override the former interest, Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO serves as the legal basis for the processing.
3. data deletion and storage period
The personal data of the data subject shall be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. In addition, storage may take place if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in Union regulations, laws or other provisions to which the controller is subject. Blocking or deletion of the data also takes place when a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
III. Data processing in connection with the use of our website
1. provision of the website and log files
a. Beschreibung und Umfang der Datenverarbeitung
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer.
The following data is collected:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- The operating system of the user
- The Internet service provider of the user
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites, von denen das System des Nutzers auf unsere Internetseite gelangt
- Websites, die vom System des Nutzers über unsere Website aufgerufen werden
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. A storage of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place.
- Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- Purpose of data processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable delivery of the website to the user's computer. For this purpose, the user's IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session. The storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, we use the data to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. These purposes are also our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- Duration of storage
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session has ended. In the case of storage of data in log files, this is the case after three months at the latest. Storage beyond this period is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
2. Cookies use
- Description and scope of data processing
The following data is stored and transmitted in the cookies:
- Entered search terms
- Language settings
- Frequency of page views
- Log-In Information
- Use of website functions
The user data collected in this way is pseudonymized by technical precautions. Therefore, an assignment of the data to the calling user is no longer possible. The data is not stored together with other personal data of the users.
- Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO for technically necessary cookies and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO for cookies for analysis purposes.
- Purpose of data processing
Cookies are used for analysis purposes in order to improve the quality of our website and its content.
- Duration of storage, possibility of objection and elimination
Cookies are stored on the user's computer and transmitted from it to our site. By changing the settings in your Internet browser, you can disable or restrict the transmission of cookies. As far as cookies are already stored, they can be released at any time -also automatically. If cookies are deactivated for our website, it may no longer be possible to fully use all functions of the website.
3. Use of Google Web Fonts
This website uses Google Web Fonts to embed fonts used on this website. When visiting the website, the browser establishes a connection to Google's servers. In the process, the user's browser transmits information for the uniform display of the website. This includes browser and device data and also the IP address of the user. According to Google, these requests are collected separately from other Google services.
- IP address
The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
With Google Fonts, we use fonts on our website that we do not upload to our server. Google Fonts serves the quality of our website, as the fonts are optimized for the web, which saves data volume and is especially suitable for mobile devices. This keeps the file size low and provides a fast loading time.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.2
- Third-party supplier
Third Party Provider Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Terms:
IV. Rights of the data subject
If your personal data is processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights vis-à-vis the controller:
1. right to information
You may request confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us.
If there is such processing, you can request information from the controller about the following:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
(2) the categories of personal data which are processed;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or will be disclosed;
(4) the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if concrete information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage duration;
(5) the existence of a right to rectify or erase the personal data concerning you, a right to have the controller restrict the processing, or a right to object to such processing;
(6) the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
(7) any available information on the origin of the data, if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
(8) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, pursuant to Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information about whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you may request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 DSGVO in connection with the transfer.
e. Right to rectification
You have a right to rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the controller, insofar as the processed personal data concerning you are inaccurate or incomplete. The controller shall carry out the rectification without undue delay.
f. Right to restriction of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request the restriction of the processing of personal data concerning you:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the personal data and request instead the restriction of the use of the personal data;
(3) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
(4) if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO and it has not yet been determined whether the controller's legitimate grounds override your grounds.
Where the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may be processed, with the exception of their storage, only with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the restriction of processing has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by the controller before the restriction is lifted.
g. Right to deletion
a) Obligation to delete
You may request the controller to delete the personal data concerning you without undue delay, and the controller is obliged to delete such data without undue delay, if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
(2) You revoke your consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a or Art. 9 (2) a DSGVO and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
(3) You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) DSGVO.
(4) The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
(5) The deletion of the personal data concerning you is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
(6) The personal data concerning you was collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 (1) DSGVO.
b) Information to third parties
If the controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to erase it pursuant to Article 17(1) of the GDPR, it shall take reasonable measures, including technical measures, having regard to the available technology and the cost of implementation, to inform data controllers which process the personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested that they erase all links to or copies or replications of such personal data.
The right to erasure does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary to
(1) to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
(2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject, or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health pursuant to Art. 9(2)(h) and (i) and Art. 9(3) of the GDPR;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, insofar as the right referred to in Section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously prejudice the achievement of the purposes of such processing, or
(5) to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
h. Right to information
If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
You have the right to be informed about these recipients by the data controller.
i. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to whom the personal data has been provided, provided that
(1) the processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO or Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. a DSGVO or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO and
(2) the processing is carried out with the aid of automated procedures.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
The right to data portability does not apply to processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
j. Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data relating to you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The controller shall no longer process the personal data concerning you unless it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such marketing.
You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of such marketing, including profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility, in connection with the use of information society services - notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC - to exercise your right to object by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.
k. Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law
You have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation. Please send your revocation by e-mail to email@example.com.
l. Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing - including profiling - which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. This does not apply if the decision
(1) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the controller,
(2) is permitted by legislation of the Union or the Member States to which the controller is subject and that legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests; or
(3) is done with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Article 9(1) of the GDPR, unless Article 9(2)(a) or (g) applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect the rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
With regard to the cases referred to in (1) and (3), the controller shall take reasonable steps to safeguard the rights and freedoms of, and the legitimate interests of, the data subject, which shall include, at least, the right to obtain the intervention of a person on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision.
m. Right to complain to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, workplace or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.